Summer Nature Camp at Sarett offers children an excellent opportunity to learn about Michigan’s ecology and natural history by exploring and playing in nearly 1000 acres of woodlands, wetlands, meadows and swamps at Sarett and other Michigan locations. We offer a variety of summer camps for children of all ages including Kayaking, Beginning Geocaching, a Day of Drawing, a Trip to the Zoo, Beach Day, classes about turtles, butterflies, owls, and more! We get up, get active and get outdoors daily!
Each session will be led by experienced naturalists. These energetic leaders provide a safe, fun, and educational outdoor experience for campers of all ages. All naturalists are required to pass a background check and have training in Michigan ecology, natural history and more. They inspire kids to explore, respect, and protect nature!
New this year is an option for children 9 or older to arrive early and/or stay late on Thursdays. Before care is available 8:30-9:30 AM. Campers participating in before care may be dropped off as early as 8:30 AM and will be supervised until camp begins. No campers accepted prior to 8:30 AM.
Cost: $20 Member/ $25 Non-member
After care is available 2:00-5:00 PM. Only campers enrolled in camps ending at 2:00 PM or later on Thursdays can participate in this extended care option.
Cost: $40 Member/ $50 Non-member
Check out our 2020 class schedule and sign-up today using our online forms! Follow through your child’s age group to register them. Please call us with any questions at (269) 927-4832.
- Pre-registration and pre-payment of camps is required.
- Please use our online forms, visit us, or call to sign up for programs. Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted.
- Feel free to call us for more information on any of our classes at (269) 927-4832. It is important for the enjoyment of all students that your child be the appropriate age for the class. Please be aware Sarett naturalists want your child to have a great time so choose the classes that your child will enjoy.
- Please dress appropriately for classes, wear a cap, good walking shoes & bring a drink and lunch if class is over the noon hour. Flip–flops are not a good shoe for walking on nature trails.
- Please consider taking out a Sarett Membership for your family! You will receive membership discounts on classes, free admission, discounts to the Butterfly House, and more! Membership rate for one year is $50/family. To become a member please visit our membership webpage.